Coda File System

best pratices for 24/7 operation

From: Gabriel B. <gabriel.barros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:02:48 -0300
any of you uses coda for 24/7 operations? As i said earlier, i'm
replacing a NFS setup for ours webservers with coda.

i first tried to set the tokens without expiration limit, then i
switched to "cat /etc/coda/pass | clog -pipe user" every 6minutes in
the cron, and a "cfs cs" every 2 minutes in the cron (for a paranoid
check to see if the server already up after a possible disconect --we
have a mayhemnet(tm) here--, in a near future i plan to to run it
every 20sec only after a disconnect)

Well, the authentication is my lesser problem. What frigthens me is
that in the case of a disconection, i will have new file written to
both machines. Most images uploaded by the visitors. i will not have
changes in the images, simply new ones or deleted ones.

i was wondering how i could deal with that automaticaly, no human interaction.
Is there a way to set a simple rule like: "copy the file there no matter what"?

The second thing: backup. What option do you use? how long does it
take to roll back?

Thanks,
Gabriel