Coda File System

Re: need help for installing coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:08:15 -0500
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:01:03AM -0800, rajesh kashid wrote:
>  I am trying to install CODA on linux Fedora core 2 kernel:2.6.5.
> I have installed following packages.
>
> on client machine
>  coda debug client 6.0.8
> I gave following instructions
>  venus-setup tsr2 40000
> this worked correctly
>  insmod coda
> I got message: probably another venus running /dev/cfs0 exiting

Does Fedora Core 2 already use udev? In that case the kernel module
won't be loaded on demand and you have to either run 'modprobe coda'
before starting venus or add 'coda' to /etc/modules so that it gets
loaded automatically whenever the system is booted.

> coda update server (updatesrv)
> main process:"rpc2b.c",line125:RPC2_init():couldn't create sockets

That is a strange error, I thought that updatesrv lets the kernel pick
the socket, so I wouldn't expect it to fail binding to it.

> i also want to know how to debug the source code of CODA.
> can anybody help me.

What do you need to debug?