Coda File System

Re: fscking the coda partition

From: Daniel Savard <dsavard_at_cids.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 05:58:13 -0400
> On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 05:30:18PM -0400, Daniel Savard wrote:
(...)

> Yes, I think that the 'do not fsck' advise still stems from the time
> that Coda used a custom inodefs to store the container files. Of course
> if you use a raw partition for RVM, that partition doesn't contain a
> valid filesystem and shouldn't be fsck'd.
>
> Jan

THX, no problem for the RVM which is raw partition and not fscked. This
point about custom inodefs for Coda was what created some confusion.
There is some discrepancies in the documentation on this. I know there
is a project to review the doc, so, maybe people involved should take
care of it. I haven't read the full thread about this project, but if I
can help I would be glad to. I just completed my setup with Kerberos 5
authentification, it is basically working, will start some testing.

Dan