Coda File System

Re: Error compiling Coda - fsobj::LocalSetAttr definition

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:02:51 -0400
On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:11:39PM -0400, Samir Patel wrote:
> The below makes perfect sense.  The only question is why was the change
> made in the first place (I'm referring to revision 4.91 of
> fso_cfscalls0.cc)?

That was a commit with a whole bunch of changes, the type of cuid_t was
changed from int32_t to u_int32_t. I'm not sure why cuid_t is considered
a long int in your build, your tree is probably not built with the
coda.h version that is in lib-src/kernel-includes/coda.h, otherwise the
types of uid_t and cuid_t would be identical.

My guess most of these were PPC related cleanups. I just scanned through
the commit and there are a couple of char -> signed char fixups which is
a good indication that it was.