Coda File System

Re: coda client hangs

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:07:43 -0600
> Currently the patch is still only in my working directory, I want to
> test the servers still, but won't get to that until tonights weekly
> backups have completed.
>
> I also don't know how much this patch depends on other changes that are
> already in CVS, since it touches a lot of things all over the place. So
> I may end up snapshotting CVS as a new release if the servers seem to be
> working with the new iterators.

	I'm looking forward to that.  In the meantime, I thought I'd report
that we've now gone 3 days without a coda client crashing.  Making
absolutely sure that there are no cunlogs anywhere ever, reducing the
frequency of clogs, and moving all persistently open files (like server
logs) away from coda seems to have done the trick.  Hopefully.

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated