Coda File System

Coda-6.0.11 released

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:27:41 -0400
Coda-6.0.11 has been released.

Binary packages have been built on Redhat 9.0, Fedora Core 2 and Debian,
SRPM and the source tarball are also available.

This release consists mostly of small fixes, it shouldn't be necessary
to reinitialize the client. The most important changes are,

- Fixed kernel device check in venus-setup. (Maurice van der Pot)
- libc5 compilation fixes. (Dan Fandrich)
- Reintegration of 'mkdir bar; chown foo bar' was incorrectly considered
  as a conflicting update.
- Fix iterators to make sure we keep objects pinned down with a refcount to
  prevent them from being pulled out when we yield (make an RPC2 call) during
  the iteration.
- Send error messages from the backup scripts to root_at_localhost instead of the
  current (/dev/null-ed) addresses in the Coda domain.

We have been running the new clients and servers for a couple of days
already to see if the iterator changes introduced any unforeseen
problems, and everything seems to be working just fine.