Coda File System

Re: Coda-6.0.11 released

From: Patrick Walsh <pwalsh_at_esoft.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:44:15 -0600
> These should happen when the server rejects the token that was given
> by the client. i.e. this should only happen when we try to use an
> expired token.

	Hmmm... this shouldn't happen.  We have cron jobs to reauth a few times
a day...

> > 09:00:00 Coda token for user 0 has been discarded
> > Assertion failed: p->ai_family == PF_INET, file
> > "/home/pwalsh/working/coda/BUILD/coda-6.0.10/coda-src/venus/realm.cc",
> > line 182
>
> This is interesting, it tells me that the resolver returned some
> non-IPv4 address, venus and codasrv are internally still using 4 byte
> ints to store ip addresses, and pass them back and forth, f.i. in the
> result of the getvolinfo rpc2 call and as such can't yet handle the 16
> byte IPv6 addresses.

	Our test cluster has dns lookups disabled.  Basically, it looks to the
localhost for a dns query and the localhost doesn't have named running.
The /etc/hosts file still has everything important in it.  So I"m not
sure what's benig looked up and returned.  We don't have an ipv6
network....

	Also... is it just coincidence that the tokens were lost and the
assertion happened at the same time?  (Or so it appears)

--
Patrick Walsh
eSoft Incorporated