Coda File System

Re: missing the root volume... I think

From: Ivan Popov <pin_at_medic.chalmers.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 00:03:18 +0200
Brett,

I haven't looked at the code, but a long time ago a similar effect
would happen when you did not have a period in the realm name.

I think it has been fixed, but you may try to call your realm like

 rover.realm

and see if it makes a difference.

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 07:25:38PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> can tell but when I try to access the realm I have setup (just rover -
> that is the name of my lapdog^H^H^Htop) I get an error when I look in
> the /coda directory I just see a dangling symbolic link like this:
>
> 2 lrw-r--r--  1 root  65534  8 Jul  2 17:40 /coda/rover -> #@rover
>
> I am not sure why.  I put rover into the realms file just in case it
> was a name resolution thing but that didn't seem to matter.  I can
> access the coda test server, that seems to work without problem.

Of course it can mean something is wrong with your server(s)
but it is hard to tell what exactly.

Good luck,
--
Ivan