Coda File System

Re: vserver+coda

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:07:47 -0400
On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 11:06:43AM +0300, Hakan Avci wrote:
> Jan,thank u very very very.... much,I eat my head for this problem(we
> say in Turkey) :) .
>
> So I have a question(actually a problem).is lock a file while second
> person looking that file?? Am I explain?

There is not really a lock file or lock on the device. However our
kernel module only allows a single process to open it. If the device is
considered 'in-use' the kernel returns an EBUSY error.

It is quite useful, this way the kernel knows that any message to or
from userspace always ends up with the same process.