Coda File System

Re: Creating Root Volume

From: Jerry Amundson <jerry_at_pbs.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:49:14 -0500
On Tue October 18 2005 09:27, Chong Sein Yeo wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
> Thanks for your help.... but somehow I still do not get it and was
> wondering if you could help me out with this. When I do
>
> createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa
>
> isn't
> volume-name=coda:root
> vsgaddr=E0000100
> partition-name=/vicepa
>
> I just could not see what did I do differently from the man pages and was
> hoping if you could shed some light.
> Or maybe I am not supposed to have a data volume on my SCM?

I see. You were going off the man page. Don't do that - as I mentioned
"createvol_rep [volname] [srvname]/vicepa"
and searching the list yields things like
http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/maillists/codalist/codalist-2005/7745.html

jerry

p.s. please post replies to the list - it's what they're for ... ;-)