Coda File System

CODA and firewalls

From: Reiner Dassing <dassing_at_wettzell.ifag.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:44:13 +0200
Hello CODA users,

after installation CODA server and - client in a LAN, I now
want to put the server into a DMZ.

To access this CODA server is saw the following:

clog	???/udp -> 370/udp on the server
auth2	370/udp -> ???/udp (clog) on the client

and

venus	???/udp -> 2432/udp on the server
codasrv	2432/udp -> ???/udp on the client

The firewall is very restrictive therefore I would need
port numbers of clog resp. venus to be fixed,
or at least in *very* small range.

Can somebody point me to the code where these things are managed?
I will try to fix it and give it back to the community.

BTW, we are running the newest released distribution.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards
    Reiner Dassing