Coda File System

CODA and DRBD, speed of transport

From: Reiner Dassing <dassing_at_wettzell.ifag.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:39:57 +0200
Hello CODA users,

may be the following questions were already answered,
but I did not found the answers.

Maybe, somebody can point me to the articles, papers, information
of the following topics.

1. Is it possible to setup SCM as a HA-Cluster via DRBD/heartbeat?
    Is it possible to mirror the raw devices with the help of DRBD?
    I think. Yes

2. As we want to use CODA for data exchange between remote hosts
    and lokal one with the help of a CODA server, we must know
    whether a specific file is definitely stored on CODA
    before, we make a cfs disconect and cunlog at the remote client.
    (For some remote clients we have to pay for volume and time.)
    How is this possible?

    2b) We would like to make use of hoarding for this application, also.
        This will make the task even more challenging

3. Is it possible to setup the CODA client to force venus to make the
    update to the CODA server as fast as possible;
    i.e., as soon the file is copied (via cp) to /coda/... the update
    should start?

Sorry, a lot of questions. But they are important for our production system.

Thanks all for your help!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With best regards
    Reiner Dassing