Coda File System

idea for CODA and Databases

From: el jimi <eljimi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:36:35 -0500
I've been reading a lot of sources trying to find a way to implement a
database on CODA and get it distributed that way. Unfortunately, I found out
that CODA apparently doesn't support concurrency, so i came up with an idea
of implementing distributed 2-phase-locks algorithms on my own by using
files containing each a single record, then the locks would be applied on
certain record-files.

The SCM server should contain the global directory with the information
about the "fragments" and their location. A fragment would consist of a
collection of record-files.

My goal is to create a distributed database schema for academic/teaching
purposes that is fully functional. although in a small scale, i want it to
have possibilities to grow.

I know this might seem a little nuts for some of you, but i would like to
know your points of view on this idea.
Please tell me if I'm wasting my time hehehehehe :)

Alex Rivera.