Coda File System

Re: Replication server problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:21:17 -0500
On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 11:40:26AM +0100, Achim Stumpf wrote:
> Have you guys any further advice? Should i reinstall the whole thing?
> Somehow i am completely stuck here...
>
> As we can see in my last mail volutil.tk has the same values as shown by
> od.

I saw that. So the failure to bind to the second server isn't an
authentication issue. I can only think of a couple of reasons why we get
a no-binding result.

1) there is no Coda server running on clusty2.
2) for some reason DNS or /etc/hosts is messed up and we end up trying
   to connect to some other machine that isn't running a Coda server.
3) There is a firewall on clusty2 that is dropping/rejecting incoming
   UDP packets to the codaserver port (2432/udp).