Coda File System

Re: createvol_rep failed on coda-6.9.0 and linux

From: Reiner Dassing <dassing_at_fs.wettzell.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:23:15 +0100
Hello ,

I solved my problem by restarting from the scratch again.

The stops are which may be important for others:
- stop coda on all servers
- erase all partitions needed for replications
- vice-setup on all servers
- Edit file '/vice/db/servers'
   to include my coda servers with the corresponding ID:
   (example:
   tarzan1  1
   tarzan2  2
   )
- Edit file '/usr/local/etc/coda/server.conf' to define hostname and
ipaddress as in /etc/hosts
- Make sure that directory '/var/lock/subsys' is existing
- Activate 'vice-setup-srvdir' to set up  additional partitions
   (/vicepb, /vicepc in my case, beside /vicepa)

   File '/vice/db/vicetab' should have entries like:
    tarzan1   /vicepa   ftree   width=32,depth=4
    tarzan1   /vicepb   ftree   width=32,depth=4
    tarzan1   /vicepc   ftree   width=256,depth=3
  on first coda server

- Restart coda server in all nodes.
   Please check /vice/srv/SrvLog!!!!!

- Setup replicating partitions by activing the following scripts on SCM:
    createvol_rep iersdc tarzan1/vicepb tarzan2/vicepb
    createvol_rep iers2  tarzan1/vicepc tarzan2/vicepc

Now it did work.

Regards,
Reiner