Coda File System

Question regarding user management in CODA

From: Chittaranjan Mandal <Chittaranjan.Mandal_at_iitkgp.ac.in>
Date: 15 Feb 2007 23:40:46 +0530
We am trying to setup CODA with the help of
  http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/index.html

So far we have only been able to install all packages (via
mandriva rpms). Hopefully we will also get the clients and
servers running with the help of the above manual.

There is one aspect that the manual does not seem to address.
We are currently using NFS with NIS and autofs. So, we already
have a pool of users and their individual home directories
which they get after they log into a client host.

We would like to somehow replace the autofs-NFS mechanism with
something like "autofs-CODA". We would like the existing pool
of users to get their files via CODA.

Could you please shed some light on how this could be achieved.

--
Chitta Mandal <chitta_at_iitkgp.ac.in>
IIT Kharagpur