Coda File System

Re: Using ACL

From: S. Cance <stephane.cance_at_enst-bretagne.fr>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:45:56 +0100
u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se wrote:
> Hi Stephane,
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 11:17:08PM +0100, S. Cance wrote:
>
>> i get :
>> # cfs la /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org
>> /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org: Connection timed out
>>

> Is your client connected? Have you any non-reintegrated changes?
> (while there are cml entries, you can not see/change acls, I think)
> What does cfs lv /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org say?

you were right, my problem was the reintegration :
  There are 5144 CML entries pending for reintegration (1705824 bytes)

I did :
cfs br /coda/lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org
and then it kinda worked.
My tree changed, I get a _localcache which seems to be my actual volume
(with that many problems as before)
and a lina1.lina-priv.enstb.org which is empty.
I think that my issue is that reintegration, I tried a cfs listlocal
_localcache/ and I get a list of all modifications I did on my volume.

I don't have any important files on the volume, I would like to get
files back (to know how to do that) or remove them.
but :
# cfs preservelocal _localcache/
VIOC_REP_CMD(REP_CMD_PRESERVE): No such device

I think I am not using corectly the command but I can't find anywhere
infos about how to describe the volume (I tried it's ID, it's name, no good)

>> I also would like confirmation about the quotas to be sure. Each volume
>> has only one quota value ?
>>

> Yes.
>

>> If so, I really don't understand since each volume is on its own
>> physical partition.
>>

> No, each server partition contains normally many volumes.
>
>> Can I access this volume files via /vicepa (I don't have anything else
>>

> No.
>

>> can I access local volumes on the server without using a coda client ?
>>

> No.
>
> Regards,
> Rune

ok thanks a lot for those answers and for the time you spent answering
them !

regards,

--
Stephane