Coda File System

Re: Venus has trouble connecting server

From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt_at_metux.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:15:02 +0100
* Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

Hi,

> So either your server was not receiving the probe requests, or
> it failed to set up a reverse connection to your client. This can
> sometimes be caused by masquerading firewalls, although we always
> try to use the same port pair between the client and the server
> for both the forward and the reverse connections which works for
> most firewalls.

Firewall is most likely not the problem - I've got an direct
route between all the boxes.

Today, it happened again. My notebook had several problems in
the fs (broken dirs, readonly, ...) and cfs checkservers hung,
while the local router/server (which was started about a min
earlier) had no trouble.

Shutting down and restarting venus solved the problem.

The only noticable difference between these two boxes is that the
notbook isn't always shut down cleanly. So maybe some things in
the cache may be broken. Obviously this got repaired on the second
startup of venus.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact_at_metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481