Coda File System

Re: rw access hangs forever

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:54:58 -0400
On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 09:41:32PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> today again coda refuses to work:
>
> Write access hangs forever. Restarting venus did not help,
> even not w/ -init. When venus is down and /coda unmounted,
> the kernel module is still in use.

If the kernel module has a reference count, then either /coda is mounted
or there is still a venus process running on your system. The use count
is tracked by the Linux kernel based on the number of mounts + the
number of users of /dev/cfs0.

I don't know why you are seeing these problems, and without logs or some
description of the operations that are failing there isn't much I can do
about it.

The only thing I know is that you are (were) trying to use coda-6.0.15
over a roadrunner dsl line. That isn't much to go on.