Coda File System

Re: Further problems w/coda

From: <shivers_at_ccs.neu.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 20:32:36 -0400 (EDT)
   > Fifteen minutes later, I cd down into the coda volume on client A and create a
   > 700kb file (by copying one of my students' dissertation to a new file).
   > Then I say "cfs strong."

   If you want to force a reintegration of already logged operations it is
   better to use 'cfs forcereintegrate' (or 'cfs fr').

   cfs strong changes the reintegration parameters of a volume so that any
   further operations are synchronously reintegrated, but it doesn't start
   reintegration for already logged operations.

Thanks.

You should probably add the "reintegrate" option to the cfs man page; it's not
there (it is in the "cfs help" output, though). My man page
    /usr/share/man/man1/cfs.1.gz
comes from the coda-client-6.9.1-1 rpm.

   > Ten minutes later, it's still not visible on client B. During this ten
   > minutes, venus on client A spins, maxing out my load average.

   It may be that the new reintegration parameters set by cfs strong are
   causing some sort of a problem. I'll have to see if I can reproduce the
   problem.

Yeah, the venus-at-100%-of-cpu thing is pretty common right after
I get back on the net; it usually lasts for about 10-15 minutes.
During this time, by the way, codacon is pretty calm -- it's not
blasting out "validate" messages or anything.
    -Olin