Coda File System

Re: RFC: package checking via pkg-config

From: <u+codalist-p4pg_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:54:55 +0200
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:14:14PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen_at_xemacs.org> writes:
> > Neither Linus Torvalds nor Uli Drepper is known for being a purist.
> > You aren't going to win this one.
>
> I realize we can't fix Linux.  The question on the table is fixing
> coda...

Greg,

personal preferences aside,
Coda has to interact well with all worlds, *BSD, Linux and even W*ndows.

The interaction with each of those is not going to be smooth,
partly because they are incompatible in one or another way
and Coda has to comply with them all.

This means that "fixing" Coda for some kind of purity has a potential
of making more harm than good. This is not _really_ crucial, I think,
and there are also other challenges on the table :)

Regards,
Rune