Coda File System

Re: discrepancies in coda documentation

From: PROYECTO SOLIDARIO (Eric Van Buggenhaut) <eric_at_proyectosolidario.org>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 02:22:33 +0200
Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 03:12:35AM -0400, Davor Ocelic wrote:
>> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 03:18:27PM +0200, PROYECTO SOLIDARIO (Eric Van Buggenhaut) wrote:

[...]

> Instead of having the indirection where E0000100 is mapped to 'server1
> server2', we now specifiy the servers explicitly, i.e.
>
>     createvol_rep codaroot server1/vicepa server2/vicepa

I reinstalled coda-server 6.9.1 on our first server, which should act as
SCM. I notice vice-setup somehow creates an initial volume:

Now I'll try to create an initial root volume
  - createvol_rep / mekas.proyectosolidario.org/vicepa
Replicated volumeid is 7f000000
creating volume /.0 on mekas.proyectosolidario.org (partition /vicepa)
V_BindToServer: binding to host mekas.proyectosolidario.org
V_BindToServer: binding to host mekas.proyectosolidario.org
[...]

You mention in your reply that all replicating servers should be
specified explicitly with something like:

      createvol_rep codaroot server1/vicepa server2/vicepa

How could the replicating servers be specified afterwards ?

--
Eric Van Buggenhaut