Coda File System

How stable and usable is Coda ?

From: Jean-Marc Coursimault <coda_at_axperia.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 18:00:14 +0200
Hello all,

I've read http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/misc/stability.html

("Installing a large network of 100 users or so, is right now not a
good idea")

which seems to contradict

http://coda.wikidev.net/Main_Page
("Does Coda work? YES. ")

Well, I would like to set up a cluster of perhaps 15 webservers taking
their files and perhaps MySQL databases from some kind of distributed
and fail-safe, rock-solid filesystem.

I don't have the means to buy a pair of SANs with fibre-channel, so
I'd like to use Coda on a pair or more of redundant Linux machines
with a terabyte or so of storage each, connected with gigabyte Ethernet.

This is real data from real customers and I'd be in big trouble if I
lost their data, of course. Yes, I'll do backups but only as a
precaution, I would like the whole setup to run uninterrupted for a
few years, perhaps changing or adding machines along the way.

With the two above citations, I'm not sure whether Coda is up to the task.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-- Jean-Marc