Coda File System

Coda reconnaissance

From: +draco+ <draco_at_equilibrium.fpl.pl>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 03:02:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I'm considering using Coda for sharing files over local network. I want
to share about 70GB of data which will mostly be user accounts data. I
want these remote accounts to be mounted after user log on computers.

Have you got any experience in using Coda in this manner?

Is it possible to share such amount of data with Coda?

How big overhead on disk operations does CodaFS introduce in comparison
with working on local FS? I'm asking because NFS, which I used lately,
introduced a lot of overhead.

Can I configure Coda so that the logged user would have access only to
data he is allowed to access?

And finally, is Coda project actively supported by now?

Thanks in advance,
Marek Zdankiewicz.