Coda File System

Re: building coda on linux2.6.19 from cvs

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:18:17 -0400
On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:50:10AM +0200, Czuczy Gergely wrote:
> I'm trying to build the kernel module of coda from the CVS repo
> according to this:
> http://coda.wikidev.net/Quick_Kernel_Module_Action
>
> However, after executing make i get nothing but errors. here is the
> make output:

Interesting, I thought I had the build working for everything up to at
least 2.6.21.

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.19.7' make: *** [all]

Ah, I never tried the 2.6.19.x series, just checked the logs in gitweb
and don't really see anything that may have broken the headers like
this. I'm assuming it is something simple where we are simply not
including some required header.

Can't seem to find any reason, the changes in linux/include all seem
harmless and there are no changes in fs/coda.

> for built-in function ‘strcspn’ include/linux/string.h:95: warning:
> conflicting types for built-in function ‘__builtin_memcmp’ {standard
> input}: Assembler messages: {standard input}:73: Error: suffix or
> operands invalid for `ljmp' {standard input}:285: Error: suffix or
> operands invalid for `ljmp' make[2]: ***

I searched for ljmp, but it really only shows up in a few places none of
them seem relevant to Coda so I assume the linker is choking on some
code that is generated by the C compiler.

Which compiler are you using, what is the platform (i386/ia64?)?

I'll try to build 2.6.19.7 here and see if I can reproduce the problem.