Coda File System

Re: gcodacon not working under pkgsrc

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 09:22:08 -0400
Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:

>> fnord gdt 244 ~/%co/SOFTWARE > gcodacon --debug
>> bad mariner command 'set:volstate                                                                    '

> That looks more like the reponse from an older venus (i.e. 6.9.1) when
> gcodacon tries to enable the new state transition notifications.

I was more careful to run the right venus and now it works.

gcodacon fails to handle venus going away and coming back.  It seems to
infinite loop when I kill venus (with vutil shutdown).  Ideally it
should show a 'no venus' status, and reconnect when a venus appears.

It would be cool if the gcodacon display, and maybe the tray icon,
showed the total # of CML entries.