Coda File System

Some doubts in Newer Coda

From: <dhiraj_c_at_students.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 12:53:12 +0530 (IST)
Hello Sir,

As per your suggestions I installed the Coda Installers provided by Aetey
softwares.

But then I was hit by the concept called "Realm". I want to have more
information about Realms. What is a Realm? How do I configurations for
Realms? How are Realm helpful?

Actually I tried searching the mailing list for realms but could not find
any proper documentation on Realms. It would be really nice if you can
solve my doubts.

The thing is I wish to create a large storage server for storing my
terabytes worth of data on cheap systems with around 200GB hdd. I was
successfully able to this using coda 5.3.20, by creating volumes for each
storage server and then mounting  each data server on coda client as a
separate volume. This provided me the scalability. But with the inherent
bugs in the older version; coda is creating problems. Hence I went for the
new coda installer. But now I don't know how realms are going to help me
in this and how should I configure the realm so that it supports my idea
of a scalable storage server.

I 2 more doubts:

1) I was using rvmsizer.c for checking the RVM size on my server. Now the
thing is rvmsizer shows 2 different RVM size; one based on object count
and one on 4% rule. Which one is correct?

2) Suppose if my disk space gets full with my RVM still somewhat free. How
will Coda respond to that.

Also if my RVM  gets full but my disk space still has some space free. How
will it respond in this situation?

with regards,
dhiraj chawla