Coda File System

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:44:17 +0200
Hello,

a field test suggests that amd64 Coda client installed with the debian
package (http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/debian) does not resolve DNS SRV records.

This means that it can not be used without tweaks with replicated realms
which rely on SRV records. This almost ruined my day until I found out
why it did not work, so I post a warning here.

As an alternative there is of course the client from

  http://www.aetey.se/index.php?Static&pg=CodaInstHowto

which does not have the mentioned problem (and is all shiny in general :)

Anyway, I guess an update of the debian package would help casual users.
At the same time it could be made up-to-date, it is still at 6.9.2.

Wonder if anybody would step forward and help with this, as Jan is
more needed for hacking the code than spending his time with packaging...

Best regards,
Rune