Coda File System

Move the SCM ?

From: Yves Dorfsman <yves_at_zioup.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:54:51 -0600
If I replicate my volumes over two or three machines, and the machines which
acts as the SCM dies of such a bad death that I don't want to re-create it,
can I make one of the other server into the SCM easily ?

My other thinking here beyond death of the server, is upgrade, I like to
move my "main server" between two physical machine, so I can upgrade the
"second one", and if the upgrade works, I transform it into the primary
machine, and eventually shutdown the other one until I go through the same
procedure the other way around. If I use my main server as the SCM, I will
have to transfer that function too.

Thanks.

--
Yves.