Coda File System

Re: FUSE usability for Coda?

From: <u+codalist-wk5r_at_chalmers.se>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:07:27 +0200
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 02:45:28PM +0200, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'm not really sure.  It certainly seems possible to add in support for
> that kind of redirection to FUSE (or to puffs, which I think is more

It might indeed be nice to influence the interfaces of FUSE to possibly
make it more efficient with Coda and still avoid the need to maintain
the corresponding code for each platform.

Of course if FUSE gives wider platform support but inherently worse
performance, then we might desire to preserve the platform-specific
"efficient" kernel code. I would expect though that this code will not
get enough attention and will just fade into oblivion as kernels change.
This has already happened with Solaris and MacOSX - despite the lack of
any alternatives.

Regards,
Rune