Coda File System

Re: Coda status quo and future

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:47:47 -0400
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 01:46:05AM -0400, Zetas wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 03:25:54AM +0200, Jaap Winius wrote:
> >>    Setting up coda-update (6.9.5) ...
> >>    invoke-rc.d: initscript coda-update, action "start" failed.
> >>    dpkg: error processing coda-update (--configure):
> >>     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 6
> >
> > Curious, it worked here, but I probably upgraded from 6.9.4, maybe a
> > directory is missing. I'd like to know where the startup is failing,
> > could you run,
> >
> >     sh -x /etc/init.d/coda-update start
>
> On my systems the coda-start script doesn't even get installed.

Well, I was responding to Jaap's installation error log, I don't know
how far it gets on your systems.

btw. the startup script that is failing in the above snippet is
coda-update, which normally starts the updatesrv and updateclnt daemon
processes and it is definitely installed as part of the coda-update
installation. I just double checked the contents of the package with
dpkg-deb -c coda-update_6.9.5_i386.deb.

These scripts just got updated to follow LSB guidelines, I wonder if
there might be an issue there... Ah yes, Debian expects exit status 0
if a problem isn't fatal such as stopping an not running process or
when trying to start an unconfigured daemon.

In /etc/init.d/coda-update, replace

    start () {
	[ -x $exec1 -a -x $exec2 ] || exit 5
	[ -f $config ] || exit 6

with

    start () {
	[ -x $exec1 -a -x $exec2 ] || exit 0
	[ -f $config ] || exit 0

And then run, "dpkg --configure --pending"