Coda File System

Conflict Resolution

From: Zetas <zetas_at_gshellz.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 16:59:02 -0400 (EDT)
I have some conflicts here, i want to learn how to delete and/or repair them. I
went to the wiki and tried to repair using the instructions found therein,
however i think either something i have isnt setup right, or the instructions
are old or something else entirely.

This is an example of my directory structure:
total 30085
drwx------ 1 zetas nogroup     2048 Jul 30 12:09 .
drwx------ 1 zetas nogroup     2048 Jul 30 11:47 ..
drwx------ 1 zetas nogroup     2048 Jun  4 04:34 arch
?????????? ? ?     ?              ?            ? block
-rw------- 1 zetas nogroup    71422 Jun  4 04:18 .config
-rw------- 1 zetas nogroup    18693 Jun  1 12:56 COPYING
?????????? ? ?     ?              ?            ? crypto
?????????? ? ?     ?              ?            ? debian

I am under the impression that the hanging symlinks with the ???? are broken files.

I tried the following commands to no avail:
Command: cfs beginrepair ./block
Response: VIOC_ENABLEREPAIR: Connection timed out

Command: repair ./block
Response: This repair tool can be used to manually repair server/server
or local/global conflicts on files and directories.
You will first need to do a "beginrepair" to start a repair
session where messages about the nature of the conflict and
the commands that should be used to repair the conflict will
be displayed. Help message on individual commands can also be
obtained by using the "help" facility. Finally, you can use the
"endrepair" or "quit" to terminate the current repair session.
Usage: repair [-d]

Command: removeinc ./block
Response: ./block isn't inconsistent

Command: repair ./block /tmp/fix -owner 7768 -mode 755
Response: Error beginning repair: pathname not leftmost
beginrepair failed.
You must do "beginrepair" first
You must do "beginrepair" first
There is no repair session to end.

I was clogged in as the main user while trying these commands.

So im kinda lost here, these particular errors can be removed and recopied, but
eventually i would like to know how to repair them if possible.

Also, on a different note, id like to know how to push changes to the server, i
learned how to use "cfs lv ." and "cfs fr ." to find the status of the coda
realm, but im not sure how to force the changes to propagate if possible.

Thanks,
David