Coda File System

Re: Coda server crash on file conflict

From: <u-codalist-s7mc_at_aetey.se>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 14:39:48 +0200
Hello Neil,

it looks like you did not get any feedback to your server crash
question?

Unfortunately I do not have suggestions other than either recompiling
the server from the source or, better, using Aetey's installer.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 10:09:23PM -0500, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I just installed a Coda server on one machine and
> the Coda client on two separate machines.
>
> I set up the volume on the server and started playing
> with the volumes on the two clients.  I wanted to
> see what would happen if I created a file conflict
> so I opened the same text file on both client machines
> and added different content.
>
> Once I saved the files, the Coda server crashed.
> That is not good.

That is not good. Hope you already got past this point anyway, otherwise
try the server package which does not depend on the rest of your system
(it is for Linux but even works on FreeBSD without Linux userland)
and leaves hopefully less space for errors and mistakes:

 http://www.aetey.se/dl/coser-1.5-6.9.5-linux-ia32-0.bin
 (http://coda.wikidev.net/Server_Binary_Installer)

Regards,
Rune