Coda File System

Re: assertion in codasrv

From: <u-codalist-9wcu_at_aetey.se>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:35:41 +0200
Hello Brett,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 09:17:08PM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> I am running coda on a NetBSD-current machine (amd64).  It was working
> fine for a long time but after some updates (both coda and NetBSD) I am
> seeing issues.  I am seeing the following in the server Err log:
>
> Assertion failed: ret == RVM_SUCCESS, file "recovc.cc", line 162
> EXITING! Bye!

I can not remember anything like that.

I am not running any server on NetBSD. Otherwise I see some issues while
running Linux-ABI Coda servers on FreeBSD - it is though a very different
thing (my guess is that the lwp-thread scheduling there sometimes gets
it wrong but I did never properly troubleshoot).

> I used rvmutl and checked the RVM log, it says that the log is empty so
> I am unsure as to why this is happening.  The server _was_ working fine
> a few days ago, the only thing that has happened since then is a reboot.
> Any ideas as to why I would be getting this assertion?

No good idea at the moment...

Good luck, tell us when/if you figure out the cause.

Regards,
Rune