Coda File System

Re: crash in rvmlib_free (not necessarily) during repair

From: Piotr Isajew <pki_at_ex.com.pl>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:37:21 +0200
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:30:14AM +0000, u-codalist-rcma_at_aetey.se wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:53:31AM +0200, Piotr Isajew wrote:
> > Is it possible, that 64-bit machine won't be compatible with
> > 32-bit one for server?
>
> I would expect then to be incompatible. I did not look at the
> relevant code but according to old posts from Jan the format of
> the log data between the servers correspponds to the internal
> representations, which would/might differ for different endians
> or different word length.

OK. That would clarify why replicated volume doesn't work. My
previous environment was clean x86_64 (machine, system, and coda
compilation) for both servers and client machine.

Today I was hoping to do a fast test with the wired connection,
using what I have available now. It seems this will have to wait
though :(