Coda File System

venus stuck at 100% cpu?

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:55:49 -0400
I am reorganizing some files I have in coda.  A lot of things are
working ok, including rsyncing in a subtree, resulting in 2100 pending
reintegration operations, and forcing reintegration.

However, when I do "rmdir foo" of an empty directory, venus goes to 100%
CPU time.  Even after I kill -9 it and restart, the directory is still
there.  This is on NetBSD 6, i386, with what I think are the latest
official releases:

  coda-6.9.5nb7       Coda distributed fileystem
  rvm-1.17            Recoverable Virtual Memory
  rpc2-2.10nb3        CMU (Coda) remote procedure call package
  lwp-2.6             Light Weight Process style threads

Amusingly, I went to try this with the venus on my server.  It's
netbsd-5 i386, and been up 220 days.  Apparently the socket used by
venus for clog/cfs got purged due to being old, but restarting venus
brought that back.  On that system I could remove directories.

So apparently there is some issue with venus doing rmdir on NetBSD 6.

Is anyone else seeing this, on any platform?