Coda File System

Re: Liscense issues..

From: Sean E. Millichamp <sean_at_compu-aid.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 17:00:07 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> This would keep the BSD kernel people happy, and as far as I know Linux
> has no problem including BSD-ish code. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Disclaimer: IANAL

While there is often much BSD-ish code in various Linux distributions I
thought that the GPL prohibited inclusion of, or linking to, any code that
is non-GPL.  Since the Linux kernel is GPL would that not prohibit the
linking/inclusion of BSD code into the kernel tree?  I think that the only
way that it could happen legally is by a loadable module, am I way off on
this?

Sean

 Sean E. Millichamp, Consultant
 Ingematics - A Division of Compu-Aid, Inc.