Coda File System

Re: is it implemented?

From: Donnie Barnes <djb_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 19:51:38 -0400
>> As long as Coda provides something like the "@sys" in AFS symlinks,
>> that solves half the problem.
>
>> it does transparently replicate volumes to multiple servers
>
>Between those two features it solves the whole problem.  Although I
>would be happier to remove the symlinks and do the @sys functionality
>at mount time.  Symlinks mean pwd still doesn't do what users expect.

I assume you mean /bin/pwd since many shells do have pwd built in
and can assume several behaviors, including "what users expect".

I've only read this depot thread quickly, but I still think I'd
prefer the @sys solution.  I come from an AFS background, though,
so I'm biased a bit.

Peter, what's the current status of Coda these days?  I haven't
had time to play with it much, but where does it stand in terms of
stability and so forth?  Now that you've been deep in the project
for a while do you have a feel for an ETA when we can expect to
see nicely polished versions?  Obviously I'm mainly interested
in *Linux* versions...  :-)

--Donnie

--
 Donnie Barnes    http://www.redhat.com/~djb    djb@redhat.com   "Bah."
   Challenge Diversity.  Ignore People.  Live Life.  Use Linux.  879.