Coda File System

Re: is it implemented?

From: Peter J. Braam <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:47:57 -0400 (EDT)
For what it is worth let me tell you what I know.

We _do_ have @SYS support, but the usage is subtly different from what I
see below.

If you have a 3 directories (or mount points):

i386_linux
i386_nbsd
sparc_linux

then cd @sys will bring you to the right directory, based on your
architecture.

We have however found a need to extend this mechanism.  For example it
could be very handy to have a name: @user which would expand to $HOME, or
a programmable one @MACHINE which would refer to a directory called
"desktop" on desktop workstations and to a directory called "notebook" on
laptops.

We hope to implement this at some point since particularly when working
with Windows it can be useful to refer to $HOME dependent files.

By the way, the mechanisms for this are all in Venus in the
venus/fso_cfscalls2.cc, so if anyone feels like fixing things up a bit
there, by all means do.

Peter