Coda File System

Re: Coda for Linux/Alpha ???

From: <thoth_at_purplefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 14:13:10 -0500
"Peter J. Braam" <braam_at_cs.cmu.edu> ,in message <Pine.LNX.3.95.971208002302.489
	D-100000_at_carissimi.coda.cs.cmu.edu>, wrote:

> Porting to 64bit is on our todo list.  When we have Coda for i386 with
> glibc that would be a natural next target.  Before starting we will have
> to "publish"  a description of the structures we use and the sizes they
> should have.  Currently too many things are "long", which is bad on LP64
> systems (which is becoming the standard).

  In the Paradise Netrek packet.h (or was it struct.h?) file, I rewrote all
the packets to use some typedefs such as INT32, CARD32, INT16, CARD16, INT8,
CARD8, so I could compile it on a KSR-1 system.  Of course, if the compiler's
struct packing was the least bit surprising, everything would get shot to
shit.

--
Bob Forsman                                   thoth_at_gainesville.fl.us
           http://www.gainesville.fl.us/~thoth/