Coda File System

Re: inode methods

From: Love <lha_at_stacken.kth.se>
Date: 11 Feb 1998 07:45:33 +0100
Donnie Barnes <djb_at_redhat.com> writes:

This starts to get way out of topic, if you want to say something
more, mail me private.

> I'm not sure what you mean by "remove gdb", but there definitely

Err, right. It should be remote gdb, attaching a serial line to your
console and remotely debug the kernel from a second machine.
There seams to be support for this in 2.1 kernels, but not 2.0 kernels.

> is dump

Yes, there seams to be support for dumping a thread, but not dump
the whole kernel.

> and Red Hat 4.2 works fine.  We don't have 5.0, but we
> are still working on the SPARC and do fully intend to have another
> release.
>
>I'm also pretty sure there is a kgdb, but you may need to
> poke around for it...the sparc-list_at_redhat.com is a start.

We are probably talking around eachother, but with with kgdb i mean
gdb -k /dev/{,k}mem so you can look at variables inside the kernel.

Hacking in new features, and fixing problems are fun, but there is not
time enough for doing everything. Porting the code from *BSD to linux
and back is not a real problem, if you know that the diffrences are
from the begining.

Love