Coda File System

Re: Win 95 stuff (was Re: coda-4.6.0-pre1 available)

From: Derek Fawcus <derek_at_spider.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 06:51:33 +0100
On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 06:25:49PM -0400, Peter J. Braam wrote:
>On Wed, 13 May 1998, Derek Fawcus wrote:
>>however I would like to have a look over the source for mc.vxd & mcstub.vxd
>
>Those will go out pretty soon now... (sorry I'm the only person wading
>through the 10MB of Coda sources more or less

  OK. No rush,  as I said I'm waiting on hardware before I can do anything
constructive.

>                                              and I'm not super fast, but
>that's about to change.)

   You're about to change into superman? :-)

> relay.exe is purely for convenience in debugging -- we do indeed need a
> DeviceIOControl, syncrhonous and asynchrounous on the Coda filesystem.
>
> Also Venus will need to do a WaitForMultiple Objects which replace
> /dev/cfs0 (in Unix) with the IOControl wait object.

  Err - that's NT isn't it?  Certainly the user side of things.

> Perhaps you could code this for us?

  Well given that I don't know the win32 API,  and I'm not particulary
interested in learning it - perhaps not.  I'm more interested in the dirty
little kernel details - or even the win95 user stuff 'cause it's a cute
fudge to get the job done.

  I would be interested in the Win NT IFS stuff,  but since I don't have
the IFS kit ($2000 and US access only),  there's not a lot I can do there.
However,  going by the types of mail on the NT-IFS mailing list,  it will
be 'interesting' for whomsoever does it.

DF
--
Derek Fawcus                                                    derek_at_spider.com
Spider Software Ltd.                                        +44 (0) 131 475 7034