Coda File System

Re: Coda for Linux PPC (compilation success)

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 00:36:39 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> Of course these are two different systems.
>
> My understanding about MK Linux may be out of date, but I seem to remember
> that the filesystem support is entirely in the OS server, not in the micro
> kernel.

This is correct. Actually, MkLinux and LinuxPPC are 100% binary
compatible. The only problems might be in the kernel code, but all the
filesystem code in mklinux is exacly the same as in 2.0.34. I have an
mklinux machine and a linuxppc machine.

I also got coda to compile, and anthony should have the patches I used to
make it work. If anyone here wants them, let me know, however I would say
that the patches aren't quite in a state to be included in the coda src ;)

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to work... I'm trying the
client on linuxppc but venus refuses to start. I guess I should read the
docs and figure out if I need to set anything else up. ;)

| Troy Benjegerdes    |    troybenj_at_iastate.edu    |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.linux.org |