Coda File System

Re: Coda on Linux-PPC (builds and starts, but can't find server)

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:28:53 +0800 (HKT)
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net> wrote:

> I'd like be able to run some of the RVM and RPC2 test suites, but I can't
> seem to figure them out. Is there some documentation for these? I'd be
> easier to debug the testsuite that the entire coda server, since there
> appear to be some problems with rvm.

Yes, there are.  For RVM, there is a program call rvm_basher.  You can
find the source codes in rvm-src/tests, and there are (minimal)
instruction on how to use rvm_basher in the appendix of rvm manual (the
sections is called testing RVM).  Note however that the instruction is
kind of out of date.  In particular, instead of choosing the "starting
address of rvm" from the info of show_break (as suggested by the manual),
you should make an educated guess on the right starting address of rvm --
it should be high in VM but not conflict with other uses of VM (such as
shared library).

While I was visiting CMU last year, I drafted a "RVM Internal" document.
It is not in the coda-doc package yet, however.  But I should still be
able to grab the source or ps file from my CMU account.  Let me know if
you want a copy.

Good luck !

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)

Department of Computer Science and Engineering,    Fax: (852)-26035024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong     Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk