Coda File System

Re: Coda on Linux-PPC (builds and starts, but can't find server)

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cyrus.watson.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 09:53:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> I'd like be able to run some of the RVM and RPC2 test suites, but I can't
> seem to figure them out. Is there some documentation for these? I'd be
> easier to debug the testsuite that the entire coda server, since there
> appear to be some problems with rvm.

For RPC2, it is rpc2test. You must run it on 2 machines, one as a server,
the other as client. It will prompt you for options, which are a little
obscure. Non-zero values of Debug, Announce and Verbosity will be
increasingly verbose, Tracing will store lots of info in a
buffer that is printed as they are added and can be dumped with
RPC2_TraceBuffer. Workers is the number of worker threads, a nonzero value
makes this a server. Clients is the number of client threads, must be set
to zero for a server. The time settings can be anything you want. Portal
is the port to use. For a client, you will have to give the number of
connections to make, same as the number of client threads is good, and the
full hostname to connect to for each of them.

There are also ctest (client) & stest (server) which are simpler, and
mostly straightforward. Just run the server on one machine and the client
on another. Running the server on, say, an i386 box would simplify
debugging since rpc2 is know to work there.

Shafeeq