Coda File System

Re: Replication

From: Gareth Bult <gareth_at_gbhome.ftech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:47:32 +0100
I don't know if this is correct, but the procedure I followed is;

1)    Install both servers with rpm's
2)    vice-setup servers (one scm, one non)
3)    start servers (make sure /coda works)
4)    createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa
5)    stop servers
6)    venus-setup localhost 40000 (on scm)
7)    venus-setup scm 40000 (on other)
8)    edit /vice/db/servers on scm, add non scm server with unique number
9)    edit VSGDB and add new group, eg; "E0000101 scm other"
10)    start servers

If you then do;

createvol_rep coda:test E0000101 /vicepa

This should create the volume coda:test on both servers..
cfs mkm /coda/users/test coda:test

Mounts the volumes on both servers....

Ok, so my volumes don't replicate, but the rest seems to work Ok..
If anyone can tell me why ... ??

Adding a user summary:
add user to users.coda and passwd.coda and group.coda
(if like me yor UID is 500, change it!)
in /vice/db;
pwd2pdb -i user.coda -g group.coda > vice.pdb
pcfgen vice.pdb
au -h scm cp
user: admin
pass: changeme
user: <user>
pass: <pass>

..
su <user>
clog <user>
<pass>

ctokens

..

Please please please, can anyone tell me why my volumes don't replicate?

Regards,
Gareth...