Coda File System

demo thingy

From: Kragen Sitaker <kragen_at_pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:10:20 -0500 (EST)
OK, next month -- in about six weeks -- I will be demoing Coda and VNC
at a local Linux users' group meeting.  This time it's definite.

Can I just suck down the tarball, extract it on a Red Hat 5.2 machine,
and type 'make install'?  Once it has done "make install", then what?
Presumably I need to start the server; and I gather I need to
initialize some Coda volumes, too, and do something or other to set up
the clients.

Is there documentation on this?  Ideally I'd like something that will
take less time to read than it takes me to set something up.  If no
such thing exists, I'll read what I have to and then I'll write what I
wish had been read already.  :)

Computers are the tools of the devil. It is as simple as that. There is no
monotheism strong enough that it cannot be shaken by Unix or any Microsoft
product. The devil is real. He lives inside C programs. -- philg_at_mit.edu