Coda File System

Re: to linux-coda developers

From: Joseph Mack <mack_at_ncifcrf.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:10:04 -0500 (EST)
n Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Denis Ducamp wrote:

> Some-one told me that coda use glibc and can't be compiled with libc; and
> the last Slackware (3.6) is still libc5 and there is no package to upgrade
> cc and c++ to compile glibc executables.

I built a glibc-2.1 setup from Slakware 3.5. I installed the
glibc-2.0.5 package from the contrib directory and then
bootstrapped myself, through 2.0.7 and then 2.1. I had
to recompile XFree86, libncurses and a few other things
when I went to 2.1. Note you should install into prefix=/usr/local
first, then when you've got stuff working again, reinstall
to prefix=/usr

Joe

--
Joseph Mack mack_at_ncifcrf.gov