Coda File System

Re: to linux-coda developers

From: Peter T. Breuer <ptb_at_it.uc3m.es>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:43:39 +0100 (MET)
"A month of sundays ago Joseph Mack wrote:"

> n Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Denis Ducamp wrote:
>
> > Some-one told me that coda use glibc and can't be compiled with libc; and
> > the last Slackware (3.6) is still libc5 and there is no package to upgrade

Jeeeeez. Is this true or FUD!

I certainly built coda 4.6.6 under libc 5.4.38, with minor (i.e. normal)
corrections to the code for gcc 2.8.  It's running somewhere in the
background right now.  Why would it now not be compilable under libc5?
What could it be?  NIS?

Owww. I have 2.0.7 working, but no intention of even looking at 2.1.

> to recompile XFree86, libncurses and a few other things
> when I went to 2.1. Note you should install into prefix=/usr/local
> first, then when you've got stuff working again, reinstall
              ^^^^^ if?
> to prefix=/usr

:-).

> Joe