Coda File System

laptop went to redhat 6.0, venus stops working

From: Michael D. Ivey <ivey_at_realminfo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:32:03 +0000
Film at 11:

My codasrv is a redhat 5.2 box, and venus is on the former 5.2 laptop,
which i just took to 6.0...and venus won't start.

error is: coda_psdev_write: downcall, no SB!

Will my old version work, or do I need an upgrade?  Will it work with
the old server?

File integrity isn't an issue...I have backups.  What do I need to do
to codasrv and venus to make a 6.0 laptop work with 5.2 box?

Thanks in advance...don't know if my subscription has kicked in yet,
so private Cc:s would be nice.

--
Michael D. Ivey, Dir. of Software Development | "Without censorship,
       REALM Information Technologies         | things can get terribly